The blog is back! And just in time to report on some of the exciting things going on at Gosh Yarn It!
- 21-and-overs had the chance to head to the Punderdome, NYC’s monthly pun competition. If you missed it, see above re: Punapple Express.
- Last week was Random Acts of Kindness week, and GYI! distributed handmade flowers to brighten Columbia University’s campus.
Did we leave anything out? Keep checking back for more updates!
Hey there, Gosh Yarn It!
It’s the start of another lovely semester, and as we’re get back into the swing of things, here’s a brief overview of some exciting upcoming plans!
- Our Activities Board presentation for official club membership will be sometime on October 4th, so keep your fingers (and needles) crossed!
- On October 7th, there may be a GYI! excursion, so mark your calendars and keep your eyes peeled for an email.
- We’re also considering a Halloween movie and craft night, so feedback would be welcomed on that front.
- There will be a holiday sale this winter, probably just after Thanksgiving. We are looking for easy patterns with holiday themes so that everyone in the club can get involved in the fundraiser. Once we compile a list of patterns and links, it will be posted here and announced on our Facebook group.
- Finally, Gosh Yarn It! now has a Ravelry group. This knitter got addicted to Ravelry this summer. It’s an amazing site, but be warned, it can suck you in and swirl you around the online yarniverse for hours until you emerge with balls of felt in your hair and none of your homework done. That being said, everyone should make an account and join the group!
Keep checking back here for updates, projects, and general yarn fun.
February looks like a great month to check out a yarn event off-campus! And as always, Gosh Yarn It! provides free crocheting and knitting instruction on Sunday nights at 8 PM in the Lerner Piano Lounge.
Lion Brand Yarn Studio has a ton of fun events. Click here to RSVP to any of the following:
Thursday Yarncraft Night: 2/6/2014 From 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Weft Weaving Club: 2/6/2014From: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Men’s Night: 2/20/2014 From 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Flicks with Sticks – Groundhog Day: 2/27/2014
Knitty City hosts a weekly Men’s Night on Wednesdays from 6-8 PM. Click here
for more information.
The Argyle Yarn Shop has a full list of classes, including one-off sessions for knitting fingerless mitts with cabling. Check it out here
, and click here for their class calendar
The Brooklyn General Store is offering a 2-session workshop on crocheted slippers. Click here
Finally, La Casita Yarn Shop Café offers classes for knitting and crocheting. See their calendar here